The following is an editorial that my daughter's grandmother sent to me from Maryland, Thank You, Dolly!
I am putting this on my blog for all those who have friends & family members who claim to be Catholic, but are voting for Obama, despite his records and affiliations. Despite the over 100 Bishops who have come together to emphasize that voting for a pro-choice, abortion on demand candidate is against our Catholic teaching. It boggles my mind to wonder HOW someone can even consider voting for man who has voted 4 times in favor of INFANTICIDE. How can someone vote for a man whose spiritual advisor is Jeremiah Wright, financial advisor is Tony Rezko, and who launched his political career from unrepented domestic terrorist, Bill Ayers. His inexperience, associations and record SHOULD be enough, but, sadly it is not. This editorial attempts to address these questions ~ that are just outright unanswerable ~ However, someday, they will have to answer to God. In the meantime, let's remind ourselves of what Jesus said while hanging on the Cross, "Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do." To those of us who are anxious because of these realities, He also says, "Be at peace and know that I AM GOD!"
God Bless! ~ Georgia
"I'm confused. What's with the "Catholics for Obama" signs that I see around the country? How can someone be Catholic and yet be for Sen. Barack Obama?
Has the Catholic Church changed its longstanding opposition to abortion? I think not. Many churches around the country display little crosses representing the number of abortions that are performed in America each day. And some Catholic church lawns prominently advertise the CareNet Pregnancy Center, an organization committed to providing alternatives to abortion. Not to mention San Francisco Archbishop George Niederauer calling House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on the carpet recently about her comments on abortion. And Cardinal Edward Egan of New York went so far as to say that anyone who defends abortion should not be leading in a civilized democracy. So, obviously, the Catholic Church hasn't budged.
Maybe Sen. Obama has reversed his unqualified support for abortion. Unfortunately, the evidence suggests otherwise. In July 2007, Barack Obama vowed to the Planned Parenthood Action Fund: "The FIRST thing I'd do as President is sign the Freedom of Choice Act." This legislation, co-sponsored by Sen. Obama, would annihilate every single state law limiting or regulating abortion, including the federal ban on partial-birth abortion. He even voted against banning partial-birth abortion in October 2007. (**Also, he voted 4x against providing medical care to little babies who are born accidentally from a botched abortion. In other words, Barack Obama is Pro-INFANTICIDE!**Georgia Kijesky added this) On top of that, Sen. Obama's overall record has earned him 100 percent ratings from pro-abortion groups such as NARAL, Pro-Choice America, and the National Organization for Women. If he has changed his opinion on abortion, he hasn't told anyone.
Apparently neither the Catholic Church nor Sen. Obama has altered their stance on the abortion issue.
So how can some Catholics still be for Obama? Have they decided that the Catholic Church is wrong when it comes to abortion, but right on other matters? But if you disagree with the church on such a fundamental issue, why contiune to call yourself Catholic at all? Call yourself something else instead.
Maybe Catholics for Obama haven't actually thought out the issue enough from a Catholic (or even Biblical) perspective to grasp that God created our inmost being and knit us together in our mother's womb. And if God begins life at conception, it is cerainly not our place to destroy it out of convenience.
Maybe Catholics for Obama have decided that it doesn't really matter what they believe or how they vote at all, which betrays an even deeper disconnect between what they do in church on Sundays and how they live the rest of the week.
Or maybe they think that God simply doesn't care how they vote, or if He does, that He will overlook it on the day of Judgement. But if we will give an account then for every careless word we speak, surely we will give an account for how we voted.
Either way, it is a shame, because their votes could indeed have made a difference."
~ John Harris, Lexington Park, editorial from "The Enterprise"
Friday, October 31, 2008
"I Am Personally Responsible for over 75,000 Abortions"
*This video was made during the campaign to ban abortion in South Dakota. Bernard Nathanson repented of his ways and has became Catholic.*
Catholic Colleges & Universities Loyal to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church
- Aquinas College (TN)
- Ave Maria (FL)
- Belmont Abbey College (NC)
- Benedictan College (KS)
- Campion College (Sydney, Australia)
- Catholic Distance University
- Christendom College (VA)
- College of Our Lady of Corpus Christi (TX)
- College of St. Thomas More (TX)
- Dominican House of Studies (Washington, D.C.)
- Franciscan University of Steubenville (OH)
- Holy Apostles Seminary and College (CT)
- John Paul II Institute for Studies on Marriage and Family (Washington, D.C.)
- Magdalen College (NH)
- Notre Dame Graduate School of Christendom College (VA)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (ME)
- Southern Catholic College (GA)
- St. Augustine Institute (CO)
- St. Gregory's University (OK)
- Thomas Aquinas College (CA)
- Thomas More College of Liberal Arts (LA)
- University of Sacramento (CA)
- Wyoming Catholic College (WY)
Randall Terry, founder Operation Rescue, addresses the assassination of George Tiller. Mr. Terry urges the pro-life movement to not surrender words and actions under the heavy opposition from child killers and the Obama administration.
- Women for Faith and Family
- One More Soul ~ Spreading the Truth about the Blessings of Children & the Harms of Contraception
- Pope Paul VI Institute ~ Authentically Catholic Medical Institute for Fertility Problems
- The Alexander House ~ For Rebuilding & Strengthening Marriages
- Edith Stein Foundation ~ Medical Information on Contraception & Fertility Issues
- Retrouvaille ~ For Troubled Marriages
- Couple to Couple League ~ Natural Family Planning
- Pope Paul VI: Humane Vitae
Abortion ~ Facts and Information
- Rachel's Vineyard is a safe place to renew, rebuild and redeem hearts broken by abortion. Weekend retreats offer you a supportive, confidential and non-judgmental environment where women and men can express, release and reconcile painful post-abortive emotions to begin the process of restoration, renewal and healing. It is therapy for the soul.
- Hope After Abortion ~ The Catholic Church's post-abortion ministry
- Silent No More Awareness ~ An effort to make the public aware of the devastation abortion brings to women, men, and families
- Feminists For Life
- Abortion Facts
- Overpopulation Myths
- Abortion and the Black Community: BlackGenocide.org
- Second Look Project ~ Encourages those who are "pro-choice" to take a second look at their position on abortion
- The Elliot Institute ~ The leader in research regarding the after effects of abortion on women and men
- Priests For Life
Pregnancy Help & Hotlines
Help for Addictions
- Government, Law, & Political Responsibility. Click HERE to contact White House, U.S. Senate, House of Reps, Supreme Court, etc. See also Suggestions for Effective Letter Writing
- FOCA FACT Sheet & In-Depth Info to help EDUCATE those around you about this radical law that will increase the number of abortions and make it even more UNSAFE for WOMEN.
- Federal Legislative Action Center: Contact your STATE Reps. HERE. ~ Plus much MORE to help INFORM us in this VITAL fight against FOCA ~ We must ACT NOW!!!
- Spiritually Adopt a Pre-born Baby Today! Click HERE to learn more.
- Begin Planned Parenthood Fraud Investigation in Your State! Click HERE for Details.
Go On Retreat!
- Casa Maria Convent & Retreat House ~ Located 1 mile from EWTN, The Sisters of the Eternal Word's apostolate is prayer, catechesis, and retreats. They invite zealous and excellent retreat masters to share with you their experience and knowledge of our holy Catholic Faith. Casa Maria is blessed with devout priests who celebrate the Liturgy with great reverence. They encourage devotion to the Blessed Sacrament and love of our Blessed Mother, and they draw upon the rich musical heritage of the Church.
- Sisters for Life ~ Villa Maria Guadalupe ~ The retreat house hosts Evenings of Recollection, educational seminars on life issues and retreats for everyone (themes include Theology of the Body, Young Adult Retreats, Post-Abortion Healing, and retreats on the Dignity and Vocation of Women).
Books for Children
More Recommended Reading
- Abortion: Yes or No? by John L. Grady, M.D.
- Changed ~ Making Sense of Your Own or a Loved One's Abortion Experience, by Michaelene Fredenburg
- Ending Abortion Not Just Fighting It, by Fr. Frank A. Pavone, M.E.V.
- Evangelium Vitae (The Gospel of Life), by Pope John Paul II
- God Is Love, An Encyclical Letter of Pope Benedict XVI
- Humane Vitae: A Challenge to Love, by Pope Paul VI
- Is the Fetus Human? by Eric Pastuszek
- Led by Faith, by Immaculee Ilibigiza
- Left to Tell, by Immaculee Ilibigiza
- Living the Gospel of Life ~ the pastoral statement issued by U.S. Catholic Bishops
- Noise, by Teresa Tomeo
- Our Lady of Guadalupe, Hope for the World by Dan Lynch
- Render Unto Caesar, by Charles J. Chaput
- The Way to Love, by Anthony De Mello
- Won By Love, by Norma McCorvey