Monday, March 16, 2009
Interviews with Former Tiller Botched Abortion Patients and New Video Documenting Botched Abortion, Show Need for Justice + Sebelius link to Tiller
Listen to Patient S.’s harrowing abortion experience interview below.
Click here to read Patient S. full narrative)
Wichita, KS – Just four days before jury selection begins in late-term abortionist George R. Tiller’s criminal trial, a woman was transported to the emergency room by ambulance from Tiller’s abortion clinic, Women’s Health Care Services.
(See VIDEO below!!)
Sedgwick County ambulance number 23 left Tiller’s clinic at approximately 2:15 PM Central Daylight Time and transported a woman to Wesley Medical Center with no lights or sirens running. The patient was rushed into the emergency room with her head covered, leaving witnesses to wonder if she was alive or dead.
Tiller followed the ambulance to Wesley Medical Center and was dropped off by unlicensed “nurse” Cathy Reavis at an entrance on the east side of the building, out of sight from Operation Rescue staffers who were photographing the incident near the Emergency Room entrance.
“Tiller’s abortion clinic operates outside the bounds of the law and moral decency,” said Operation Rescue President Troy Newman, who was on the scene at the hospital when the injured woman came in. “How many women must suffer life-threatening injuries or even death until he is jailed and his dangerous abortion business is shut down?”
Operation Rescue renews its plea that Tiller’s abortion clinic be closed down on an emergency basis in the interest of public safety.
On the eve of jury selection for Tiller’s criminal trial, Operation Rescue has released a new video with more information about a young woman who was hospitalized on Thursday due to a botched abortion at George Tiller’s infamous abortion clinic in Wichita, Kansas.
“This video shows the need to convict Tiller and get him out of business. He and his staff present an extreme danger to the public,” said Operation Rescue President Troy Newman who photographed the ambulance at the hospital emergency room. “We urge Christians everywhere to join us in praying that Tiller will be convicted and his abortion mill will be permanently closed.”
Please watch this dramatic video (2 min. 13 sec.) then join in prayer in Wichita, or wherever you may be! (updated prayer schedule at bottom of this article)
Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius's political connections to Tiller, who is nominated to run the Department of Health and Human Services,
has even caught the attention of Fox News Host Bill O’Reilly, who took Sebelius to task for her efforts to protect Tiller. On a May 30, 2007, broadcast of “The O’Reilly Factor,” the popular host accused Sebelius of having blood on her hands and stated, “Sebelius is unfit to serve.” (Watch excerpts from the O’Reilly video segment below).
Watch the video below to see Sebelius making excuses for Tiller during an O’Reilly Factor surprise interview
Sebelius has long been an avid supporter of the most radical abortion policies.
In an interview published twenty years ago on October 29, 1989, in the Wichita Eagle, Sebelius, who was then a member of the Kansas House of Representatives said, “I think for me and a lot of other people, there are certain inalienable rights established for a person, but those are not applied in utero.”
Photographs obtained by Operation Rescue show that Sebelius hosted a lavish secret party for Tiller and his entire abortion clinic staff at the official governor’s mansion, Cedar Crest, in April, 2007. The source of the photos, who actually attended the party, told Operation Rescue that it was an “invitation only” party to honor Tiller and his staff for their abortion work.
Operation Rescue made an open records request for documents related to the party, including funding. After much stonewalling, the request was answered, but the party was listed under the name of a PAC, not under Tiller’s name or his abortion clinic, Women’s Health Care Services.
Sebelius told the press that the party was the prize at an auction event that benefitted the PAC, and that the state was reimbursed for the expense. However, records show the state initially paid for the party, and was only reimbursed by the PAC - conveniently - on the very day that the open records request was finally answered a year and a half after the event, giving the strong appearance of impropriety.
Based on the eye-witness source and the open records evidence, which indicates the “auction prize” story was cooked, Sebelius’ account of the Tiller party just does not add up and should not be believed for one minute. (Read in depth analysis)
The Wichita Eagle criticized Sebelius for her lack of judgment in hosting the Tiller soiree.
Please, keep calling your senators! Click here to contact. Ask them to block Sebelius’ confirmation as Secretary of Health and Human Services!
Operation Rescue, the Christian Defense Coalition, and other pro-life groups will muster in Wichita for prayer that justice will be served during the court proceedings. Tiller his been charges with 19 counts of illegally aborting viable babies without the concurring opinion of an unaffiliated Kansas physician.
UPDATED: Schedule for prayer events:
• Press Conference, Monday, March 16 at 8 AM outside the Sedgwick County Courthouse featuring Rev. Pat Mahoney of the Christian Defense Coalition, Troy Newman of Operation Rescue, and other pro-life leaders.
• Morning prayer outside the Sedgwick County Courthouse located at the corner of Central Ave. and Main St. each day at 8:00 AM beginning on Monday, March 16, and continuing on every day there are court proceedings until the trial ends.
• Evening prayer and praise Monday, March 16, through Wednesday, March 18, at Cornerstone Fellowship, 3520 N. Arkansas Ave. in Wichita at 7:00 PM.
• Evening prayer and praise will be held each evening at 7:00 PM, at Living Word Outreach, 3033 S. Hillside in Wichita, beginning on Sunday, March 22 and continuing until the end of the trial. *Schedule subject to change as circumstances arise*.
For related stories, visit: www.operationrescue.org
Posted by Moms For Life at 12:58 AM
"I Am Personally Responsible for over 75,000 Abortions"
*This video was made during the campaign to ban abortion in South Dakota. Bernard Nathanson repented of his ways and has became Catholic.*
Catholic Colleges & Universities Loyal to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church
- Aquinas College (TN)
- Ave Maria (FL)
- Belmont Abbey College (NC)
- Benedictan College (KS)
- Campion College (Sydney, Australia)
- Catholic Distance University
- Christendom College (VA)
- College of Our Lady of Corpus Christi (TX)
- College of St. Thomas More (TX)
- Dominican House of Studies (Washington, D.C.)
- Franciscan University of Steubenville (OH)
- Holy Apostles Seminary and College (CT)
- John Paul II Institute for Studies on Marriage and Family (Washington, D.C.)
- Magdalen College (NH)
- Notre Dame Graduate School of Christendom College (VA)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (ME)
- Southern Catholic College (GA)
- St. Augustine Institute (CO)
- St. Gregory's University (OK)
- Thomas Aquinas College (CA)
- Thomas More College of Liberal Arts (LA)
- University of Sacramento (CA)
- Wyoming Catholic College (WY)
Randall Terry, founder Operation Rescue, addresses the assassination of George Tiller. Mr. Terry urges the pro-life movement to not surrender words and actions under the heavy opposition from child killers and the Obama administration.
- Women for Faith and Family
- One More Soul ~ Spreading the Truth about the Blessings of Children & the Harms of Contraception
- Pope Paul VI Institute ~ Authentically Catholic Medical Institute for Fertility Problems
- The Alexander House ~ For Rebuilding & Strengthening Marriages
- Edith Stein Foundation ~ Medical Information on Contraception & Fertility Issues
- Retrouvaille ~ For Troubled Marriages
- Couple to Couple League ~ Natural Family Planning
- Pope Paul VI: Humane Vitae
Abortion ~ Facts and Information
- Rachel's Vineyard is a safe place to renew, rebuild and redeem hearts broken by abortion. Weekend retreats offer you a supportive, confidential and non-judgmental environment where women and men can express, release and reconcile painful post-abortive emotions to begin the process of restoration, renewal and healing. It is therapy for the soul.
- Hope After Abortion ~ The Catholic Church's post-abortion ministry
- Silent No More Awareness ~ An effort to make the public aware of the devastation abortion brings to women, men, and families
- Feminists For Life
- Abortion Facts
- Overpopulation Myths
- Abortion and the Black Community: BlackGenocide.org
- Second Look Project ~ Encourages those who are "pro-choice" to take a second look at their position on abortion
- The Elliot Institute ~ The leader in research regarding the after effects of abortion on women and men
- Priests For Life
Pregnancy Help & Hotlines
Help for Addictions
- Government, Law, & Political Responsibility. Click HERE to contact White House, U.S. Senate, House of Reps, Supreme Court, etc. See also Suggestions for Effective Letter Writing
- FOCA FACT Sheet & In-Depth Info to help EDUCATE those around you about this radical law that will increase the number of abortions and make it even more UNSAFE for WOMEN.
- Federal Legislative Action Center: Contact your STATE Reps. HERE. ~ Plus much MORE to help INFORM us in this VITAL fight against FOCA ~ We must ACT NOW!!!
- Spiritually Adopt a Pre-born Baby Today! Click HERE to learn more.
- Begin Planned Parenthood Fraud Investigation in Your State! Click HERE for Details.
Go On Retreat!
- Casa Maria Convent & Retreat House ~ Located 1 mile from EWTN, The Sisters of the Eternal Word's apostolate is prayer, catechesis, and retreats. They invite zealous and excellent retreat masters to share with you their experience and knowledge of our holy Catholic Faith. Casa Maria is blessed with devout priests who celebrate the Liturgy with great reverence. They encourage devotion to the Blessed Sacrament and love of our Blessed Mother, and they draw upon the rich musical heritage of the Church.
- Sisters for Life ~ Villa Maria Guadalupe ~ The retreat house hosts Evenings of Recollection, educational seminars on life issues and retreats for everyone (themes include Theology of the Body, Young Adult Retreats, Post-Abortion Healing, and retreats on the Dignity and Vocation of Women).
Books for Children
More Recommended Reading
- Abortion: Yes or No? by John L. Grady, M.D.
- Changed ~ Making Sense of Your Own or a Loved One's Abortion Experience, by Michaelene Fredenburg
- Ending Abortion Not Just Fighting It, by Fr. Frank A. Pavone, M.E.V.
- Evangelium Vitae (The Gospel of Life), by Pope John Paul II
- God Is Love, An Encyclical Letter of Pope Benedict XVI
- Humane Vitae: A Challenge to Love, by Pope Paul VI
- Is the Fetus Human? by Eric Pastuszek
- Led by Faith, by Immaculee Ilibigiza
- Left to Tell, by Immaculee Ilibigiza
- Living the Gospel of Life ~ the pastoral statement issued by U.S. Catholic Bishops
- Noise, by Teresa Tomeo
- Our Lady of Guadalupe, Hope for the World by Dan Lynch
- Render Unto Caesar, by Charles J. Chaput
- The Way to Love, by Anthony De Mello
- Won By Love, by Norma McCorvey