Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Respect For Life is one of 4 defining Principles of Conservatism says 14-Year-Old Political Prodigy Jonathon Krohn in his book "Defining Conservatism"
Meet Jonathan Krohn. This home-schooled 14-year old is an author and an actor. His book, Define Conservatism, is receiving rave reviews, as well as his television appearances and his recent two minutes on stage at CPAC, the Conservative Political Action Conference.
Jonathan Krohn is making political news, and as Conservatives laud him, Liberals are on the attack. Attacking a 14-year old, rudely and crudely, - hey, no problem for a Lib. Jonathan talks and writes about the principles of Conservatism, and it is no surprise that Liberals openly express their disdain of this young man for respecting the Constitution, human life and believing in personal responsibility.
Child stars have been protected and hailed by Liberal Hollywood. So what if a very young Brook Shield was nude in Pretty Baby? So what if Dakota Fanning’s portrayal of a graphically, brutally raped 12 year old victim of child abuse, drowsily dreaming of real snakes slithering all over her? So what if the young boy in Slumdog Millionaire ran naked across the screen, in full view not only of audiences, but of the film crew up-close-and-personal? These are the artistic expressions of talented young actors, but let us make fun of Jonathan Krohn, an intelligent, well-spoken 13-year old who thinks and writes about conservative principles that can apply to anyone, no matter a party preference.
The blog, Wonkette, says in about five years, we can call Jonathan a “twat,” (not a twit, mind you). Another says that “Jonathan Krohn is gonna get his ass kicked when he gets old enough.” Needlenose says that Krohn “is nothing less than Damien, The Son of Satan.” I will not link to them, but a google search will confirm these mean-spirited statements.
Jonathan appeared at the CPAC convention and wowed the audience during his two-minute speech. You can view the video below. His book, Define Conservatism, he explains, focuses on the principles of Conservatism, not Conservatism as policy. After interviews with politicians, and his own research, Jonathan determined that there are four elements to real conservatism. Read them below, and ask yourself why anyone would suggest that the Conservative principles laid out by this young man would call for labeling him a “twat” or a son of satan.
Jonathan Krohn Biography
Jonathan is 14-years old and he is being called a “child political prodigy.” He lives in Duluth, GA with his parents, Doug and Marla Krohn, and his dog Spot. His father is an engineer and his mother is a drama teacher. According to his website, neither parent is particularly interested in politics.
He is home-schooled, and until the release of his book, Define Conservatism for Past, Present and Future Generations, he has been known for his considerable acting skills.
Johnathan has appeared on Broadway as Michael Banks in Mary Poppins. It is reported he had three on-stage call-backs. That’s a very big deal on Broadway. Other credits: John Darling in Peter Pan, and Scott in Dear Edwina, Young Cain in Children of Eden, Colin Cravin in the Secret Garden, as well as parts in The Wizard of Oz, Tom Sawyer, The Jungle Book, and Alice in Wonderland.
Krohn is one-busy 14-year old. He is the principal writer for an internet radio show, “The Life Connection.” He was a guest narrator for Gwinnett Philharmonic’s rendition of Benjamin Britten’s Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra. This young man has played the cello since he 4-years old and has recently begun playing the banjo.
Jonathan says he became interested in politics at age 8 when he heard Bill Bennett on the radio. This was at the time Democrats in Congress were “consistently” filibustering Miguel Estrada’s judicial nomination. Krohn says he was “fascinated by the filibusters” and “why anyone would want to do such a thing.”
His book is not geared toward any age group. At just under 100 pages, it is simple and quick reading. Krohn’s definition of Conservative principles is not solely his definition, but the culmination of the principles he pulled from research and from leading Conservative Georgia politicians. The principles are, in Jonathan’s words:
"respect for the U.S. Constitution, respect for life, less government and personal responsibility"
Shucking it down to the cob, I noticed that almost every conservative without an exception pretty much said that those four basic principles were important and key to being a conservative
You can read more by Jonathon at his blog.
By Maggie M. Thorton, Rightpundits.com
Posted by Moms For Life at 10:19 AM
"I Am Personally Responsible for over 75,000 Abortions"
*This video was made during the campaign to ban abortion in South Dakota. Bernard Nathanson repented of his ways and has became Catholic.*
Catholic Colleges & Universities Loyal to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church
- Aquinas College (TN)
- Ave Maria (FL)
- Belmont Abbey College (NC)
- Benedictan College (KS)
- Campion College (Sydney, Australia)
- Catholic Distance University
- Christendom College (VA)
- College of Our Lady of Corpus Christi (TX)
- College of St. Thomas More (TX)
- Dominican House of Studies (Washington, D.C.)
- Franciscan University of Steubenville (OH)
- Holy Apostles Seminary and College (CT)
- John Paul II Institute for Studies on Marriage and Family (Washington, D.C.)
- Magdalen College (NH)
- Notre Dame Graduate School of Christendom College (VA)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (ME)
- Southern Catholic College (GA)
- St. Augustine Institute (CO)
- St. Gregory's University (OK)
- Thomas Aquinas College (CA)
- Thomas More College of Liberal Arts (LA)
- University of Sacramento (CA)
- Wyoming Catholic College (WY)
Randall Terry, founder Operation Rescue, addresses the assassination of George Tiller. Mr. Terry urges the pro-life movement to not surrender words and actions under the heavy opposition from child killers and the Obama administration.
- Women for Faith and Family
- One More Soul ~ Spreading the Truth about the Blessings of Children & the Harms of Contraception
- Pope Paul VI Institute ~ Authentically Catholic Medical Institute for Fertility Problems
- The Alexander House ~ For Rebuilding & Strengthening Marriages
- Edith Stein Foundation ~ Medical Information on Contraception & Fertility Issues
- Retrouvaille ~ For Troubled Marriages
- Couple to Couple League ~ Natural Family Planning
- Pope Paul VI: Humane Vitae
Abortion ~ Facts and Information
- Rachel's Vineyard is a safe place to renew, rebuild and redeem hearts broken by abortion. Weekend retreats offer you a supportive, confidential and non-judgmental environment where women and men can express, release and reconcile painful post-abortive emotions to begin the process of restoration, renewal and healing. It is therapy for the soul.
- Hope After Abortion ~ The Catholic Church's post-abortion ministry
- Silent No More Awareness ~ An effort to make the public aware of the devastation abortion brings to women, men, and families
- Feminists For Life
- Abortion Facts
- Overpopulation Myths
- Abortion and the Black Community: BlackGenocide.org
- Second Look Project ~ Encourages those who are "pro-choice" to take a second look at their position on abortion
- The Elliot Institute ~ The leader in research regarding the after effects of abortion on women and men
- Priests For Life
Pregnancy Help & Hotlines
Help for Addictions
- Government, Law, & Political Responsibility. Click HERE to contact White House, U.S. Senate, House of Reps, Supreme Court, etc. See also Suggestions for Effective Letter Writing
- FOCA FACT Sheet & In-Depth Info to help EDUCATE those around you about this radical law that will increase the number of abortions and make it even more UNSAFE for WOMEN.
- Federal Legislative Action Center: Contact your STATE Reps. HERE. ~ Plus much MORE to help INFORM us in this VITAL fight against FOCA ~ We must ACT NOW!!!
- Spiritually Adopt a Pre-born Baby Today! Click HERE to learn more.
- Begin Planned Parenthood Fraud Investigation in Your State! Click HERE for Details.
Go On Retreat!
- Casa Maria Convent & Retreat House ~ Located 1 mile from EWTN, The Sisters of the Eternal Word's apostolate is prayer, catechesis, and retreats. They invite zealous and excellent retreat masters to share with you their experience and knowledge of our holy Catholic Faith. Casa Maria is blessed with devout priests who celebrate the Liturgy with great reverence. They encourage devotion to the Blessed Sacrament and love of our Blessed Mother, and they draw upon the rich musical heritage of the Church.
- Sisters for Life ~ Villa Maria Guadalupe ~ The retreat house hosts Evenings of Recollection, educational seminars on life issues and retreats for everyone (themes include Theology of the Body, Young Adult Retreats, Post-Abortion Healing, and retreats on the Dignity and Vocation of Women).
Books for Children
More Recommended Reading
- Abortion: Yes or No? by John L. Grady, M.D.
- Changed ~ Making Sense of Your Own or a Loved One's Abortion Experience, by Michaelene Fredenburg
- Ending Abortion Not Just Fighting It, by Fr. Frank A. Pavone, M.E.V.
- Evangelium Vitae (The Gospel of Life), by Pope John Paul II
- God Is Love, An Encyclical Letter of Pope Benedict XVI
- Humane Vitae: A Challenge to Love, by Pope Paul VI
- Is the Fetus Human? by Eric Pastuszek
- Led by Faith, by Immaculee Ilibigiza
- Left to Tell, by Immaculee Ilibigiza
- Living the Gospel of Life ~ the pastoral statement issued by U.S. Catholic Bishops
- Noise, by Teresa Tomeo
- Our Lady of Guadalupe, Hope for the World by Dan Lynch
- Render Unto Caesar, by Charles J. Chaput
- The Way to Love, by Anthony De Mello
- Won By Love, by Norma McCorvey