Monday, May 18, 2009
Randall Terry Makes "An Agonizing Plea" to Vatican Leaders: "Lay the Ax to the Poisonous Root in America!"
by Georgia Kijesky
"One of the reasons we are here is to specifically request the transfer of Bishop Loverde of Arlington and Archbishop Wuerl of Washington DC," said Randall Terry to top Vatican officials in early March.
Mr. Terry and eight other Pro-Life Catholic advocates went to lobby Vatican officials to remove U.S. Catholic bishops who were not doing enough to stop abortions. Terry specified their rejection of church teaching and misinterpretation of Canon 915 by not denying Communion to certain Catholic politicians who are "Catholic" and support abortion. This discussion included "the tragic role that many American prelates play in the continued shedding of innocent blood in America."
They presented them with the document,
Oves Sine Pastore (Sheep Without a Shepherd.)
Mr. Terry and his group showed the Vatican officials "well-documented proof that many of America’s bishops – and perhaps the majority of them – do not uphold the teachings of the Church regarding the sacredness of Holy Communion, nor are they obeying the clarion call of Evangelium Vitae to defend the innocent unborn in the political sphere. the majority of U.S. Bishop's, and their role in facilitating the election of President Barack Obama, the most pro-abortion President in U.S. history."
The names of the Vatican officials as well as the those who accompanied Mr. Terry are included in the document. More importantly, the document "pleas" with the Holy See to "Restore Faithful Catholic Leadership in America," a most urgent request in light of the election of Pro-Abortion President Obama by 54% of "Catholics" which ultimately led to the honor he received at Our Lady's University this past Sunday, May 17.
Prior to the November elections, Mr. Terry wrote in an open letter to American Bishops regarding Catholic Moral Teaching and the Election of 2008,"in the name of Catholic morality and of U.S. Catholic Bishops – priests, nuns, and Catholic laity are teaching that it is acceptable to vote for the most ardent supporter of legalized child-killing that has ever run for President."
The response from one of the Vatican officials, Archbishop Raymond L. Burke was made public on March 25, when Mr. Terry showed the videotaped 12-minute interview at the National Press Club in Washington.
(The interview was taped on March 2).
Archbishop Burke's "highly unusual remarks" call on Catholics to "pressure reluctant bishops to withhold Communion from Catholic politicians who back legalized abortion."
He also said President Barack Obama "could be an agent of death" if his support for abortion rights becomes a model for leaders in other countries. "It is weakening the faith of everyone," he said. "It's giving the impression that it must be morally correct to support procured abortion."
A few days later, however, Archbishop Burke made a public apology to his brother Bishops, stating, "Videotaped interview was only meant to be shared with pro-life workers." He stated that he, "was never informed that the videotape would become part of a press conference."
Read Loverd's and Wuerl's response
In a March 26 telephone interview to respond to Burke's statements, Terry told Catholic News Service, "It was made clear to the Archbishop that the videotaped interview would be aired on television and radio. In the archbishop's defense, I didn't think to tell him I would be distributing a transcript of the interview," Terry said. "But it was made clear to him that it would be made available to the public."
"When will the Vatican take the necessary steps to demand that Catholic Prelates in America Obey Church Canons and Directives? When will this Scandal end," asks Terry.
"We ended [the visit in Rome]," Mr. Terry said, "by presenting a one-page appeal – an agonizing plea – asking the Holy See to lay the axe to the poisonous root in America, for the sake of unborn babies and the faithful here, as well as the unborn and the faithful worldwide that are threatened by our treachery."
The group urges all of us to read Oves Sines Pastore in its entirety, and to pray. They invite us to forward a link to this document to your bishop, parish priest, and friends.
Information concerning the work of Mr. Randall Terry can be found at:
Read Full Text of Archbishop Burke's May 8 Keynote Address at National Prayer Breakfast in Washington, D.C. on "The Teachings of the Catholic Church"
Posted by Moms For Life at 8:58 PM
"I Am Personally Responsible for over 75,000 Abortions"
*This video was made during the campaign to ban abortion in South Dakota. Bernard Nathanson repented of his ways and has became Catholic.*
Catholic Colleges & Universities Loyal to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church
- Aquinas College (TN)
- Ave Maria (FL)
- Belmont Abbey College (NC)
- Benedictan College (KS)
- Campion College (Sydney, Australia)
- Catholic Distance University
- Christendom College (VA)
- College of Our Lady of Corpus Christi (TX)
- College of St. Thomas More (TX)
- Dominican House of Studies (Washington, D.C.)
- Franciscan University of Steubenville (OH)
- Holy Apostles Seminary and College (CT)
- John Paul II Institute for Studies on Marriage and Family (Washington, D.C.)
- Magdalen College (NH)
- Notre Dame Graduate School of Christendom College (VA)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (ME)
- Southern Catholic College (GA)
- St. Augustine Institute (CO)
- St. Gregory's University (OK)
- Thomas Aquinas College (CA)
- Thomas More College of Liberal Arts (LA)
- University of Sacramento (CA)
- Wyoming Catholic College (WY)
Randall Terry, founder Operation Rescue, addresses the assassination of George Tiller. Mr. Terry urges the pro-life movement to not surrender words and actions under the heavy opposition from child killers and the Obama administration.
- Women for Faith and Family
- One More Soul ~ Spreading the Truth about the Blessings of Children & the Harms of Contraception
- Pope Paul VI Institute ~ Authentically Catholic Medical Institute for Fertility Problems
- The Alexander House ~ For Rebuilding & Strengthening Marriages
- Edith Stein Foundation ~ Medical Information on Contraception & Fertility Issues
- Retrouvaille ~ For Troubled Marriages
- Couple to Couple League ~ Natural Family Planning
- Pope Paul VI: Humane Vitae
Abortion ~ Facts and Information
- Rachel's Vineyard is a safe place to renew, rebuild and redeem hearts broken by abortion. Weekend retreats offer you a supportive, confidential and non-judgmental environment where women and men can express, release and reconcile painful post-abortive emotions to begin the process of restoration, renewal and healing. It is therapy for the soul.
- Hope After Abortion ~ The Catholic Church's post-abortion ministry
- Silent No More Awareness ~ An effort to make the public aware of the devastation abortion brings to women, men, and families
- Feminists For Life
- Abortion Facts
- Overpopulation Myths
- Abortion and the Black Community: BlackGenocide.org
- Second Look Project ~ Encourages those who are "pro-choice" to take a second look at their position on abortion
- The Elliot Institute ~ The leader in research regarding the after effects of abortion on women and men
- Priests For Life
Pregnancy Help & Hotlines
Help for Addictions
- Government, Law, & Political Responsibility. Click HERE to contact White House, U.S. Senate, House of Reps, Supreme Court, etc. See also Suggestions for Effective Letter Writing
- FOCA FACT Sheet & In-Depth Info to help EDUCATE those around you about this radical law that will increase the number of abortions and make it even more UNSAFE for WOMEN.
- Federal Legislative Action Center: Contact your STATE Reps. HERE. ~ Plus much MORE to help INFORM us in this VITAL fight against FOCA ~ We must ACT NOW!!!
- Spiritually Adopt a Pre-born Baby Today! Click HERE to learn more.
- Begin Planned Parenthood Fraud Investigation in Your State! Click HERE for Details.
Go On Retreat!
- Casa Maria Convent & Retreat House ~ Located 1 mile from EWTN, The Sisters of the Eternal Word's apostolate is prayer, catechesis, and retreats. They invite zealous and excellent retreat masters to share with you their experience and knowledge of our holy Catholic Faith. Casa Maria is blessed with devout priests who celebrate the Liturgy with great reverence. They encourage devotion to the Blessed Sacrament and love of our Blessed Mother, and they draw upon the rich musical heritage of the Church.
- Sisters for Life ~ Villa Maria Guadalupe ~ The retreat house hosts Evenings of Recollection, educational seminars on life issues and retreats for everyone (themes include Theology of the Body, Young Adult Retreats, Post-Abortion Healing, and retreats on the Dignity and Vocation of Women).
Books for Children
More Recommended Reading
- Abortion: Yes or No? by John L. Grady, M.D.
- Changed ~ Making Sense of Your Own or a Loved One's Abortion Experience, by Michaelene Fredenburg
- Ending Abortion Not Just Fighting It, by Fr. Frank A. Pavone, M.E.V.
- Evangelium Vitae (The Gospel of Life), by Pope John Paul II
- God Is Love, An Encyclical Letter of Pope Benedict XVI
- Humane Vitae: A Challenge to Love, by Pope Paul VI
- Is the Fetus Human? by Eric Pastuszek
- Led by Faith, by Immaculee Ilibigiza
- Left to Tell, by Immaculee Ilibigiza
- Living the Gospel of Life ~ the pastoral statement issued by U.S. Catholic Bishops
- Noise, by Teresa Tomeo
- Our Lady of Guadalupe, Hope for the World by Dan Lynch
- Render Unto Caesar, by Charles J. Chaput
- The Way to Love, by Anthony De Mello
- Won By Love, by Norma McCorvey