Thursday, June 11, 2009
June 10-By Zoe Ortiz-NewsBusters
Dr. LeRoy Carhart had ample television time to further his cause against "domestic terrorism" on the news program Anderson Cooper 360 on Monday night. Anderson Cooper, the anchor, asked Carhart some direct questions, but failed to press Carhart on the answers, and didn't interview anyone from the mainstream anti-abortion movement.
After a brief news segment concerning Scott Roeder,
Cooper asked Carhart,
"You probably heard from Ted Roland's piece some of the things this man Scott Roeder [the man charged with the murder of abortionist George Tiller] has said. He said he called the closing of this [Tiller's] clinic quote ‘a victory for unborn children.' How do you respond?"
Staying clear of the words "children," "unborn," or the question all together, Carhart responded,
"Well I think, you know, the closing of the clinic, Mrs. Tiller says she is going to close the clinic. But the fact is that we are going to do everything in our power to ensure that women still have an option for late second and early third trimester abortions that are medically indicated."
Dr. Carhart is one of the few late-term abortion doctors in the country and is known as a close friend to George Tiller. He was able to use this opportunity on Anderson Cooper 360 to advertise his further business plans. "We're ready to start a practice tomorrow if we come across the building and the equipment to do that."
Cooper then asked,
"And can you, to those people who abhor this procedure or disagree or maybe don't understand it, what do you say? Why would you choose to do this procedure when you are one of only a handful?"
Once again, Carhart steered the conversation back to his agenda, saying:
Well, first of all, to the people that abhor, I would suggest that they don't have it done. I think the women who need it certainly are the women I'm worried about. We hear, we see protesters that number in the tens, twenties and maybe the thousands sometimes. Dr. Tiller and I see thousands of patients every year. We have a very vocal terroristic minority of people that are anti-choice. They have chosen to take the law in their own hands. It's vigilantism. They have murdered Dr. Tiller. They have murdered four providers before him. The question is how long is the country going to allow this terrorism to continue before they crack down and before we have the right to perform a perfectly legal procedure.
In addition to Carhart, the other interview for the segment was the attorney for the Tiller family, although Cooper quoted Dr. Alveda King, the niece of Dr. Martin Luther King:
I want to ask you about a quote that you gave to ‘The Washington Times' that has raised some eyebrows. You said Dr. Tiller's murder is quote ‘the equivalent of Martin Luther King being assassinated.' I think you were talking about its effect upon those who support abortion rights. One of Dr. King's nieces affiliated with the group Priests for Life responded saying, and I quote, ‘for LeRoy Carhart to mention the murder of Dr. Martin Luther King, who worked through peaceful and non-violent means, in the same breath with that of George Tiller, whose work ended peace and brought violence to babies in the womb, is offensive beyond belief.'
"As you said, she is on the other side. I don't expect anything different. The entire comment that I made, however, was not to compare Dr. Tiller to Dr. King. I said the sinking of the Lusitania, the bombing of Pearl Harbor and the murder of Martin Luther King were turning points in the movement, and this was our turning point, the murder of Dr. Tiller, was the turning point for our movement."
According to Carhart, the pro-abortion movement now has a martyr to rally behind.
"It's a shame that Dr. Tiller will be a martyr, unfortunately for his family, but he has become a martyr for our cause," Carhart said. "I think that the terrorism will stop in this country."
Posted by Moms For Life at 1:21 AM
"I Am Personally Responsible for over 75,000 Abortions"
*This video was made during the campaign to ban abortion in South Dakota. Bernard Nathanson repented of his ways and has became Catholic.*
Catholic Colleges & Universities Loyal to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church
- Aquinas College (TN)
- Ave Maria (FL)
- Belmont Abbey College (NC)
- Benedictan College (KS)
- Campion College (Sydney, Australia)
- Catholic Distance University
- Christendom College (VA)
- College of Our Lady of Corpus Christi (TX)
- College of St. Thomas More (TX)
- Dominican House of Studies (Washington, D.C.)
- Franciscan University of Steubenville (OH)
- Holy Apostles Seminary and College (CT)
- John Paul II Institute for Studies on Marriage and Family (Washington, D.C.)
- Magdalen College (NH)
- Notre Dame Graduate School of Christendom College (VA)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (ME)
- Southern Catholic College (GA)
- St. Augustine Institute (CO)
- St. Gregory's University (OK)
- Thomas Aquinas College (CA)
- Thomas More College of Liberal Arts (LA)
- University of Sacramento (CA)
- Wyoming Catholic College (WY)
Randall Terry, founder Operation Rescue, addresses the assassination of George Tiller. Mr. Terry urges the pro-life movement to not surrender words and actions under the heavy opposition from child killers and the Obama administration.
- Women for Faith and Family
- One More Soul ~ Spreading the Truth about the Blessings of Children & the Harms of Contraception
- Pope Paul VI Institute ~ Authentically Catholic Medical Institute for Fertility Problems
- The Alexander House ~ For Rebuilding & Strengthening Marriages
- Edith Stein Foundation ~ Medical Information on Contraception & Fertility Issues
- Retrouvaille ~ For Troubled Marriages
- Couple to Couple League ~ Natural Family Planning
- Pope Paul VI: Humane Vitae
Abortion ~ Facts and Information
- Rachel's Vineyard is a safe place to renew, rebuild and redeem hearts broken by abortion. Weekend retreats offer you a supportive, confidential and non-judgmental environment where women and men can express, release and reconcile painful post-abortive emotions to begin the process of restoration, renewal and healing. It is therapy for the soul.
- Hope After Abortion ~ The Catholic Church's post-abortion ministry
- Silent No More Awareness ~ An effort to make the public aware of the devastation abortion brings to women, men, and families
- Feminists For Life
- Abortion Facts
- Overpopulation Myths
- Abortion and the Black Community: BlackGenocide.org
- Second Look Project ~ Encourages those who are "pro-choice" to take a second look at their position on abortion
- The Elliot Institute ~ The leader in research regarding the after effects of abortion on women and men
- Priests For Life
Pregnancy Help & Hotlines
Help for Addictions
- Government, Law, & Political Responsibility. Click HERE to contact White House, U.S. Senate, House of Reps, Supreme Court, etc. See also Suggestions for Effective Letter Writing
- FOCA FACT Sheet & In-Depth Info to help EDUCATE those around you about this radical law that will increase the number of abortions and make it even more UNSAFE for WOMEN.
- Federal Legislative Action Center: Contact your STATE Reps. HERE. ~ Plus much MORE to help INFORM us in this VITAL fight against FOCA ~ We must ACT NOW!!!
- Spiritually Adopt a Pre-born Baby Today! Click HERE to learn more.
- Begin Planned Parenthood Fraud Investigation in Your State! Click HERE for Details.
Go On Retreat!
- Casa Maria Convent & Retreat House ~ Located 1 mile from EWTN, The Sisters of the Eternal Word's apostolate is prayer, catechesis, and retreats. They invite zealous and excellent retreat masters to share with you their experience and knowledge of our holy Catholic Faith. Casa Maria is blessed with devout priests who celebrate the Liturgy with great reverence. They encourage devotion to the Blessed Sacrament and love of our Blessed Mother, and they draw upon the rich musical heritage of the Church.
- Sisters for Life ~ Villa Maria Guadalupe ~ The retreat house hosts Evenings of Recollection, educational seminars on life issues and retreats for everyone (themes include Theology of the Body, Young Adult Retreats, Post-Abortion Healing, and retreats on the Dignity and Vocation of Women).
Books for Children
More Recommended Reading
- Abortion: Yes or No? by John L. Grady, M.D.
- Changed ~ Making Sense of Your Own or a Loved One's Abortion Experience, by Michaelene Fredenburg
- Ending Abortion Not Just Fighting It, by Fr. Frank A. Pavone, M.E.V.
- Evangelium Vitae (The Gospel of Life), by Pope John Paul II
- God Is Love, An Encyclical Letter of Pope Benedict XVI
- Humane Vitae: A Challenge to Love, by Pope Paul VI
- Is the Fetus Human? by Eric Pastuszek
- Led by Faith, by Immaculee Ilibigiza
- Left to Tell, by Immaculee Ilibigiza
- Living the Gospel of Life ~ the pastoral statement issued by U.S. Catholic Bishops
- Noise, by Teresa Tomeo
- Our Lady of Guadalupe, Hope for the World by Dan Lynch
- Render Unto Caesar, by Charles J. Chaput
- The Way to Love, by Anthony De Mello
- Won By Love, by Norma McCorvey