Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Bravo to Gregg Cunningham, Founder & National Director, Center for Bio-Ethical Reform, for cutting through the liberal word games, viciously played to promote their baby-killing agenda.
"When abortion is hidden abortion is tolerated, when abortion is seen everything changes. CBR exists to make abortion impossible to ignore or trivialize...until people are bothered enough to stop the killing."
(Via CBR Blog)
From: Rachel L. Solomon [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 7:45 PM
To: Gregg Cunningham
Subject: Regarding “pro-abortion”
My name is Rachel Solomon and I am a student at the University of Washington and a reporter for The Daily, the school’s student newspaper. The Genocide Awareness Project visited our campus this week and I reported on it. I do not wish to comment on the graphic images on display, as my own views are quite contrary to the ones expressed - a fact that, I might add, did not come into play in my unbiased news reporting. Instead, I would like to comment on your groups use of the term “pro-abortion” to describe those who are not “pro-life.”
The activists who oppose GAP and the pro-life movement are not pro-abortion; they are instead accurately described as possessing the opinions of “pro-choice” or “abortion rights.” “Pro-abortion” is a horrible misnomer that implies that these people push for abortions as the only way of dealing with an unwanted pregnancy. Rather, the reality is that this side often views abortion as a last resort. No one advocates FOR abortions. They advocate for THE OPTION to have an abortion.
I would greatly appreciate it if, in the future, you would correctly describe those who hold differing viewpoints from your own. Thank you very much.
Reply Letter from Mr. Cunningham:
Dear Ms. Solomon,
Thank you for your note and for your fairly balanced coverage of our Genocide Awareness Project at The University of Washington. My only criticism of your reportage is that you chose to suppress the facts surrounding our dispute with the administration over the location of our display site. School officials wanted to push us into a much more obscure corner of Red Square and only relented after we retained legal counsel and threatened a lawsuit in writing. Those are newsworthy events which your readership will now never know.
But in addition to that indiscretion, I must also take issue with your assertion that our characterization of the pro-abortion position on abortion as “pro-abortion,” is a “misnomer.” Nothing could be further from the truth. Your accusation is intellectually dishonest. Imagine a Nazi having the effrontery to say “I’m not pro-Holocaust, I just don’t think it should be against the law to kill Jews.” Or try “I am not pro-rape, I think sexual assaults against women should only be legal when men commit them as a last resort.” Or “I am not pro-slavery, I merely believe whites should have the OPTION to enslave blacks. At various times and in various places, Jews and women and African Americans were widely viewed as sub-human and were consequently denied rights of personhood. In fact there are still plenty of countries in which it is effectively legal to kill Jews, rape women and enslave blacks.
People who support the right to kill a baby are understandably embarrassed by that fact so they seek to conceal the truth with the same crude, word games played by Southerners who said they didn’t advocate slavery, they advocated States’ Rights. To this day, historical revisionists deny that the Civil War had anything to do with slavery. But the truth is that when a Klansman uses the term “States’ Rights,” he means the rights of states to legalize slavery.
You may play head games with your liberal classmates, Ms. Solomon, but not with us. If you think it should be legal to kill babies, you are pro-baby-killing.
Again, thank you for relatively fair coverage of our project.
Posted by Moms For Life at 10:53 AM
"I Am Personally Responsible for over 75,000 Abortions"
*This video was made during the campaign to ban abortion in South Dakota. Bernard Nathanson repented of his ways and has became Catholic.*
Catholic Colleges & Universities Loyal to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church
- Aquinas College (TN)
- Ave Maria (FL)
- Belmont Abbey College (NC)
- Benedictan College (KS)
- Campion College (Sydney, Australia)
- Catholic Distance University
- Christendom College (VA)
- College of Our Lady of Corpus Christi (TX)
- College of St. Thomas More (TX)
- Dominican House of Studies (Washington, D.C.)
- Franciscan University of Steubenville (OH)
- Holy Apostles Seminary and College (CT)
- John Paul II Institute for Studies on Marriage and Family (Washington, D.C.)
- Magdalen College (NH)
- Notre Dame Graduate School of Christendom College (VA)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (ME)
- Southern Catholic College (GA)
- St. Augustine Institute (CO)
- St. Gregory's University (OK)
- Thomas Aquinas College (CA)
- Thomas More College of Liberal Arts (LA)
- University of Sacramento (CA)
- Wyoming Catholic College (WY)
Randall Terry, founder Operation Rescue, addresses the assassination of George Tiller. Mr. Terry urges the pro-life movement to not surrender words and actions under the heavy opposition from child killers and the Obama administration.
- Women for Faith and Family
- One More Soul ~ Spreading the Truth about the Blessings of Children & the Harms of Contraception
- Pope Paul VI Institute ~ Authentically Catholic Medical Institute for Fertility Problems
- The Alexander House ~ For Rebuilding & Strengthening Marriages
- Edith Stein Foundation ~ Medical Information on Contraception & Fertility Issues
- Retrouvaille ~ For Troubled Marriages
- Couple to Couple League ~ Natural Family Planning
- Pope Paul VI: Humane Vitae
Abortion ~ Facts and Information
- Rachel's Vineyard is a safe place to renew, rebuild and redeem hearts broken by abortion. Weekend retreats offer you a supportive, confidential and non-judgmental environment where women and men can express, release and reconcile painful post-abortive emotions to begin the process of restoration, renewal and healing. It is therapy for the soul.
- Hope After Abortion ~ The Catholic Church's post-abortion ministry
- Silent No More Awareness ~ An effort to make the public aware of the devastation abortion brings to women, men, and families
- Feminists For Life
- Abortion Facts
- Overpopulation Myths
- Abortion and the Black Community: BlackGenocide.org
- Second Look Project ~ Encourages those who are "pro-choice" to take a second look at their position on abortion
- The Elliot Institute ~ The leader in research regarding the after effects of abortion on women and men
- Priests For Life
Pregnancy Help & Hotlines
Help for Addictions
- Government, Law, & Political Responsibility. Click HERE to contact White House, U.S. Senate, House of Reps, Supreme Court, etc. See also Suggestions for Effective Letter Writing
- FOCA FACT Sheet & In-Depth Info to help EDUCATE those around you about this radical law that will increase the number of abortions and make it even more UNSAFE for WOMEN.
- Federal Legislative Action Center: Contact your STATE Reps. HERE. ~ Plus much MORE to help INFORM us in this VITAL fight against FOCA ~ We must ACT NOW!!!
- Spiritually Adopt a Pre-born Baby Today! Click HERE to learn more.
- Begin Planned Parenthood Fraud Investigation in Your State! Click HERE for Details.
Go On Retreat!
- Casa Maria Convent & Retreat House ~ Located 1 mile from EWTN, The Sisters of the Eternal Word's apostolate is prayer, catechesis, and retreats. They invite zealous and excellent retreat masters to share with you their experience and knowledge of our holy Catholic Faith. Casa Maria is blessed with devout priests who celebrate the Liturgy with great reverence. They encourage devotion to the Blessed Sacrament and love of our Blessed Mother, and they draw upon the rich musical heritage of the Church.
- Sisters for Life ~ Villa Maria Guadalupe ~ The retreat house hosts Evenings of Recollection, educational seminars on life issues and retreats for everyone (themes include Theology of the Body, Young Adult Retreats, Post-Abortion Healing, and retreats on the Dignity and Vocation of Women).
Books for Children
More Recommended Reading
- Abortion: Yes or No? by John L. Grady, M.D.
- Changed ~ Making Sense of Your Own or a Loved One's Abortion Experience, by Michaelene Fredenburg
- Ending Abortion Not Just Fighting It, by Fr. Frank A. Pavone, M.E.V.
- Evangelium Vitae (The Gospel of Life), by Pope John Paul II
- God Is Love, An Encyclical Letter of Pope Benedict XVI
- Humane Vitae: A Challenge to Love, by Pope Paul VI
- Is the Fetus Human? by Eric Pastuszek
- Led by Faith, by Immaculee Ilibigiza
- Left to Tell, by Immaculee Ilibigiza
- Living the Gospel of Life ~ the pastoral statement issued by U.S. Catholic Bishops
- Noise, by Teresa Tomeo
- Our Lady of Guadalupe, Hope for the World by Dan Lynch
- Render Unto Caesar, by Charles J. Chaput
- The Way to Love, by Anthony De Mello
- Won By Love, by Norma McCorvey