By Georgia Kijesky
Last month the Editor-in-chief of the Vatican newspaper L’Osservatore Romano explained to Paulo Rodari, a Vatican analyst for the daily “Il Riformista,” that President Barack Obama’s speech to graduates of Notre Dame was very respectful and that he
“is not a pro-abortion president.”
In the interview with Rodari, Editor-in-chief Gian Maria Vian discussed his thoughts on President Obama at the University of Notre Dame. “Obama has not upset the world,” he said. “His speech at Notre Dame has been respectful toward every position. He tried to engage the debate stepping out from every ideological position and outside every ‘confrontational mentality.’ To this extent his speech is to be appreciated.”
Today(June 18), Life Site News reported:
"According to the editor-in-chief of the Vatican’s quasi-official newspaper, US President Barack Obama in his pre-presidential voting record may have “made decisions that certainly cannot be defined as pro-life,” but this does not make him “pro-abortion.”
“He was, rather, pro-choice,” said L’Osservatore Romano’s Gian Maria Vian.
(Read: The History of L'Osservatore Romano HERE)
Read the rest of the Life Site News article HERE
The obvious enthusiasm L'Osservatore Romano exudes for Obama is shameful--as it repeatedly glosses over his anti-Catholic, anti-Christian & radically anti-life agenda.
PRIOR to OBAMA PRESIDENCY:
In 1990, Obama argued in an unsigned law review article that
“the state may…have a more compelling interest in ensuring that fetuses carried to term do not suffer from debilitating injuries than it does in ensuring that any particular fetus is born.”
-1997-2002Obama manages to be more Pro-Abortion than NARAL when he voted twice AGAINST giving a baby born alive from a botched abortion medical attention; in addition, he gave a neutral "present" vote in 1997 which means neither "yes" nor "no." Three votes in total...none of which included a "yes" to helping a baby born alive from a botched abortion.
***IF THIS RECORD ALONE DOES NOT SATISFY A "PRO-ABORTION" QUALIFICATION for Vian....than NOBODY is pro-abortion!! He is even more Pro-Abortion than NARAL who stated, "Consistent with our position last year, NARAL does not oppose passage of the Born Alive Infants Protection Act."***
2005-2006, Obama votes against the confirmation of Chief Justice John Roberts on political grounds while acknowledging that Roberts is highly qualified. And also voted against the confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito.
2005-2007 Obama received a 100% pro-abortion rating from NARAL and Planned Parenthood
In 2008, Obama co-sponsored the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) which would gut all national and state restrictions on abortion. Obama has promised that the first thing he will do in office is sign FOCA, despite the fact that it is one of the most sweeping pieces of pro-abortion legislation ever proposed.
While running for President, ObamaPROMISED to sign the Freedom of Choice Act if elected president, "The first thing I will do as President is sign the Freedom of Choice Act. I will not yield & Planned Parenthood will not yield",
Also during his campaign, in a forum at Rick Warren’s Saddleback Church, Obama said
that the issue of when a child gets human rights is “above his pay grade” despite the fact that he is a lawyer and the issue of human rights is most immediately a legal question.
2008, Obama selects Ellen Moran, the former head of the radical pro-abortion political group Emily’s List to be director of White House Communications and appoints Melody Barnes, board member of the radical abortion lobby group Emily’s List, as head of the Domestic Policy Council.
2008, Obama’s transition team published a pro-abortion “wish list” assembled by dozens of pro-abortion groups. The document outlines a radical abortion agenda for Obama’s first 100 days that would include taxpayer-funded abortions and compelling pro-life doctors to assist in abortions.
DURING OBAMA PRESIDENCY & PRIOR to NOTRE DAME SPEECH
-Appointed 100% pro-abort Rahm Emmanuel as his Chief-of-Staff, who also earned a 100% abortion voting record from NARAL
-Reversed the Mexico City Policy
-Issues executive order on funding embryonic stem-cell research
-Rescinded the global gag rule
-President Obama signed legislation into law fixing the birth-control price crisis at college health centers and safety-net provider clinics across the country. (As a senator, Obama authored this legislation.) (March 11)
-Funded the UNFPA--which supports forced abortions in China
-has taken 1st steps to overturn Bush administration protections for doctors who don't want to do abortions. Obama announced his intention to repeal the Federal Refusal Rule.(February 27)
-Signed legislation increasing family-planning funding for American women by $7 million, and cutting "abstinence-only" programs by $14 million. (March 11)
-Signaled his commitment to medically accurate sex education by including it in his first-ever budget outline. (February 26)
-Obama selects Ellen Moran, the former head of the radical pro-abortion political group Emily’s List to be director of White House Communications.
-Nominated pro-abortion Catholic Kathleen Sebelius to head the Department of Health and Human Services, who has a long pro-abortion record in the state of Kansas.
-Nominated former NARAL legal director & FOCA architect Dawn Johnson who said, "Pro-life laws 'reduce pregnant women to no more than fetal containers'to head the Office of Legal Counsel
-Obama nominated Indiana district court judge David Hamilton as his first federal appellate court nominee. Judge Hamilton is a board member of Indiana ACLU, and the author of a seven-year-long series of rulings obstructing Indiana’s implementation of its law providing for informed consent on abortion.
-Obama appointed Thomas Perrelli, the lawyer who argued that Terri Schiavo’s husband had the right to end his wife’s life, to serve as Associate Attorney General, the Justice Department’s third highest position.
Undoubtedly, for Vian, Obama's flowery rhetoric trumps his radical pro-abortion record.
In an article published by National Review, George Weigel, famous for his biography of Pope John Paul II, commented: “It is unfortunate that several recent pieces on the Obama administration in L’Osservatore Romano have been both factually questionable and analytically dubious.” Weigel explained that “the offices of the Holy See are replete with middle- and lower-level officials who are enamored of Barack Obama. Why? In most cases, because they are Europeans who share the typical European Obamaphilia and whose sources of information and analysis are manifestly skewed.”
Weigel concluded: “That is a problem for the senior officials of the Holy See to address, and they ought to address it soon.”
To contact the Vatican Secretary of State with concerns:
Tarcisio Cardinal Bertone,
Palazzo Apostolico Vaticano,
Citta del Vaticano
Thursday, June 18, 2009
"I Am Personally Responsible for over 75,000 Abortions"
*This video was made during the campaign to ban abortion in South Dakota. Bernard Nathanson repented of his ways and has became Catholic.*
Catholic Colleges & Universities Loyal to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church
- Aquinas College (TN)
- Ave Maria (FL)
- Belmont Abbey College (NC)
- Benedictan College (KS)
- Campion College (Sydney, Australia)
- Catholic Distance University
- Christendom College (VA)
- College of Our Lady of Corpus Christi (TX)
- College of St. Thomas More (TX)
- Dominican House of Studies (Washington, D.C.)
- Franciscan University of Steubenville (OH)
- Holy Apostles Seminary and College (CT)
- John Paul II Institute for Studies on Marriage and Family (Washington, D.C.)
- Magdalen College (NH)
- Notre Dame Graduate School of Christendom College (VA)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (ME)
- Southern Catholic College (GA)
- St. Augustine Institute (CO)
- St. Gregory's University (OK)
- Thomas Aquinas College (CA)
- Thomas More College of Liberal Arts (LA)
- University of Sacramento (CA)
- Wyoming Catholic College (WY)
Randall Terry, founder Operation Rescue, addresses the assassination of George Tiller. Mr. Terry urges the pro-life movement to not surrender words and actions under the heavy opposition from child killers and the Obama administration.
- Women for Faith and Family
- One More Soul ~ Spreading the Truth about the Blessings of Children & the Harms of Contraception
- Pope Paul VI Institute ~ Authentically Catholic Medical Institute for Fertility Problems
- The Alexander House ~ For Rebuilding & Strengthening Marriages
- Edith Stein Foundation ~ Medical Information on Contraception & Fertility Issues
- Retrouvaille ~ For Troubled Marriages
- Couple to Couple League ~ Natural Family Planning
- Pope Paul VI: Humane Vitae
Abortion ~ Facts and Information
- Rachel's Vineyard is a safe place to renew, rebuild and redeem hearts broken by abortion. Weekend retreats offer you a supportive, confidential and non-judgmental environment where women and men can express, release and reconcile painful post-abortive emotions to begin the process of restoration, renewal and healing. It is therapy for the soul.
- Hope After Abortion ~ The Catholic Church's post-abortion ministry
- Silent No More Awareness ~ An effort to make the public aware of the devastation abortion brings to women, men, and families
- Feminists For Life
- Abortion Facts
- Overpopulation Myths
- Abortion and the Black Community: BlackGenocide.org
- Second Look Project ~ Encourages those who are "pro-choice" to take a second look at their position on abortion
- The Elliot Institute ~ The leader in research regarding the after effects of abortion on women and men
- Priests For Life
Pregnancy Help & Hotlines
Help for Addictions
- Government, Law, & Political Responsibility. Click HERE to contact White House, U.S. Senate, House of Reps, Supreme Court, etc. See also Suggestions for Effective Letter Writing
- FOCA FACT Sheet & In-Depth Info to help EDUCATE those around you about this radical law that will increase the number of abortions and make it even more UNSAFE for WOMEN.
- Federal Legislative Action Center: Contact your STATE Reps. HERE. ~ Plus much MORE to help INFORM us in this VITAL fight against FOCA ~ We must ACT NOW!!!
- Spiritually Adopt a Pre-born Baby Today! Click HERE to learn more.
- Begin Planned Parenthood Fraud Investigation in Your State! Click HERE for Details.
Go On Retreat!
- Casa Maria Convent & Retreat House ~ Located 1 mile from EWTN, The Sisters of the Eternal Word's apostolate is prayer, catechesis, and retreats. They invite zealous and excellent retreat masters to share with you their experience and knowledge of our holy Catholic Faith. Casa Maria is blessed with devout priests who celebrate the Liturgy with great reverence. They encourage devotion to the Blessed Sacrament and love of our Blessed Mother, and they draw upon the rich musical heritage of the Church.
- Sisters for Life ~ Villa Maria Guadalupe ~ The retreat house hosts Evenings of Recollection, educational seminars on life issues and retreats for everyone (themes include Theology of the Body, Young Adult Retreats, Post-Abortion Healing, and retreats on the Dignity and Vocation of Women).
Books for Children
More Recommended Reading
- Abortion: Yes or No? by John L. Grady, M.D.
- Changed ~ Making Sense of Your Own or a Loved One's Abortion Experience, by Michaelene Fredenburg
- Ending Abortion Not Just Fighting It, by Fr. Frank A. Pavone, M.E.V.
- Evangelium Vitae (The Gospel of Life), by Pope John Paul II
- God Is Love, An Encyclical Letter of Pope Benedict XVI
- Humane Vitae: A Challenge to Love, by Pope Paul VI
- Is the Fetus Human? by Eric Pastuszek
- Led by Faith, by Immaculee Ilibigiza
- Left to Tell, by Immaculee Ilibigiza
- Living the Gospel of Life ~ the pastoral statement issued by U.S. Catholic Bishops
- Noise, by Teresa Tomeo
- Our Lady of Guadalupe, Hope for the World by Dan Lynch
- Render Unto Caesar, by Charles J. Chaput
- The Way to Love, by Anthony De Mello
- Won By Love, by Norma McCorvey