Be forwarned folks: what you are about to read is casuistry at its' finest: what really goes on in the mind of a liberal. This could be hazardous to your health. My advice: take a few deep breaths in between sentences. Then, smile and be HAPPY that you are NOT a liberal. And, if you are, take a deep breath and consider having a change of heart, FAST! Moms for Life is a blog by someone who was once an ignorant liberal and is now a happily informed conservative.
Decide for yourself. Watch this video (dated July 13, 2009)
Then, read Julie Driscoll's atrocious article from D.C.'s Examiner.com below:
Liveaction.org’s Lila Rose claims to care about women and girls: Are you kidding me? By Julie Driscoll.
The right-to-lifers were in Chicago this week, standing on Michigan Avenue with their fetus signs and pro-life message. They stood quietly, they didn’t protest, they didn’t harass passersby, they just stood for hours with their signs, silently transmitting their message. Two blocks away there’s a Planned Parenthood clinic, but from what I could see, its patrons came and went unmolested by these protesters.
I disagree with the message, but I respect the right of those men and women who stood on Chicago’s Michigan Avenue to deliver it.
On the other hand, we’ve got young Lila Rose of liveaction.org, who lurks around Planned Parenthood clinic and baits workers into allegedly making statements contrary to law and Planned Parenthood's own policy. I cordially invite Rose to come on out to Chicago, slink into Planned Parenthood clinics with a tape recorder taped to her thigh, and do her little lights, camera, action gig. See, in Illinois – and about a dozen states in all -- state law requires the consent of all parties to a recorded conversation. Take a look at this screen grab of liveaction.org's map – apparently Rose’s dedication to her cause doesn’t extend so far as to risk her own fanny in jail, or risk being sued, or risk any other unpleasant legal matter. The states with red dots indicate locations where Rose has launched her vendetta against Planned Parenthood. Notably absent from her map are any red dots in Illinois. Illinois law allows for both criminal penalties and civil suits in cases of Lila-Rose-like surreptitious taping. I’m guessing we’re safe from her antics here.
She did, however, launch a few in California and a couple in Connecticut, other states where the all-party consent rule is in place. From liveaction.org’s website:
“Los Angeles California 2007
Live Action Investigation"
Lila Rose went undercover into two Planned Parenthood of Los Angeles clinics, posing as a 15-year-old girl impregnated by her 23-year-old boyfriend. Rose was told by clinic staff, ‘Just figure out a birth date that works. And I don’t know anything.’”
Violation: California law required Planned Parenthood to report this clear case of statutory rape to law enforcement, but both clinics investigated failed to do so.
Action Taken: Planned Parenthood admitted no wrongdoing, but threatened to sue Lila.”
Hmm . . . since she apparently didn’t record this conversation, or the ones in Connecticut, I suppose we’re just supposed to take her word that these things actually happened? And how good is the word of a woman who admittedly spends a lot of her time lying – specifically, to Planned Parenthood workers all over the country? Planned Parenthood claims the tapes are edited, but Rose denies it -- I guess, again, we’re supposed to believe Rose’s statements that it’s all true, despite her history of lying for the cause. Liveaction.org claims to post the “full footage” of the videos on its website – uh, sorry guys, but entire segments can be edited out of tapes. I’m not bitin’.
Rose’s Mona Lisa Project cites this mission statement: “We hope that our project will lead to criminal prosecution of Planned Parenthood so that their business practices will be forced to comply with governing laws that protect young girls.” Ah, yes, this is a woman who is all about protecting young girls and women. What Rose doesn’t mention in her pro-life mission is that abortions constitute only about 3% of Planned Parenthood’s services – the other services it offers benefit women, girls and men nationwide, including abstinence counseling, breast/testicular exams, child sexual abuse prevention, date rape education, dating violence, eating disorders, menopause, pregnancy, labor and delivery, safe sex, sexually transmitted infections, and women’s reproductive health. Ninety-seven percent of the services offered are preventive services.
So, let me get this straight: Rose claims to be on a mission to protect girls and women – by targeting an organization that devotes its resources to doing just that. Rose, this paragon of pro-life virtue, is campaigning to eliminate funding to Planned Parenthood clinics – clinics that provide valuable health services to women and girls. According to Planned Parenthood Federation of America spokesperson Diane Quest, “Any removal of public funding would only serve to deny women, men, and young people critical preventive health care.”
Talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
Ms. Rose spends a whole lot of time slithering into Planned Parenthood clinics, in the hopes of catching a worker off guard and saying something questionable – all in the name of protecting women and girls. Assuming that a Planned Parenthood worker doesn’t immediately call the authorities upon hearing the confession of a bogus “14-year-old” who was allegedly impregnated by her adult boyfriend, where’s the report of Rose’s follow-up to see if, in fact, Planned Parenthood did report these incidents at a later time? Does she really think she’s providing a valuable service to women and girls in this country by callously attempting to deny them affordable counseling and health services?
I think otherwise. Like any fanatic, Rose doesn’t seem to care much about those she harms, as long as she accomplishes her pro-life mission. She’s apparently latched on to what she considers a wellspring of opportunity – the alleged compromising of young girls -- to attempt to get Planned Parenthood clinics in hot water, and I’d be surprised if she gave one thought to the fate of the young girls she outs.
Rev. Patrick Mahoney of the Christian Defense Coalition said of Lila Rose, “So now with Lila, you bring this young, fresh college student that completely blows any stereotypes away. No one is going to accuse Lila of being mean, vindictive and harsh.”
Except, maybe, me – I’ll say it. Lila Rose is not only mean, vindictive and harsh, she’s also astonishingly careless with the lives of women and girls who depend on the very organization she works to bring down.
Monday, July 20, 2009
"I Am Personally Responsible for over 75,000 Abortions"
*This video was made during the campaign to ban abortion in South Dakota. Bernard Nathanson repented of his ways and has became Catholic.*
Catholic Colleges & Universities Loyal to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church
- Aquinas College (TN)
- Ave Maria (FL)
- Belmont Abbey College (NC)
- Benedictan College (KS)
- Campion College (Sydney, Australia)
- Catholic Distance University
- Christendom College (VA)
- College of Our Lady of Corpus Christi (TX)
- College of St. Thomas More (TX)
- Dominican House of Studies (Washington, D.C.)
- Franciscan University of Steubenville (OH)
- Holy Apostles Seminary and College (CT)
- John Paul II Institute for Studies on Marriage and Family (Washington, D.C.)
- Magdalen College (NH)
- Notre Dame Graduate School of Christendom College (VA)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (ME)
- Southern Catholic College (GA)
- St. Augustine Institute (CO)
- St. Gregory's University (OK)
- Thomas Aquinas College (CA)
- Thomas More College of Liberal Arts (LA)
- University of Sacramento (CA)
- Wyoming Catholic College (WY)
Randall Terry, founder Operation Rescue, addresses the assassination of George Tiller. Mr. Terry urges the pro-life movement to not surrender words and actions under the heavy opposition from child killers and the Obama administration.
- Women for Faith and Family
- One More Soul ~ Spreading the Truth about the Blessings of Children & the Harms of Contraception
- Pope Paul VI Institute ~ Authentically Catholic Medical Institute for Fertility Problems
- The Alexander House ~ For Rebuilding & Strengthening Marriages
- Edith Stein Foundation ~ Medical Information on Contraception & Fertility Issues
- Retrouvaille ~ For Troubled Marriages
- Couple to Couple League ~ Natural Family Planning
- Pope Paul VI: Humane Vitae
Abortion ~ Facts and Information
- Rachel's Vineyard is a safe place to renew, rebuild and redeem hearts broken by abortion. Weekend retreats offer you a supportive, confidential and non-judgmental environment where women and men can express, release and reconcile painful post-abortive emotions to begin the process of restoration, renewal and healing. It is therapy for the soul.
- Hope After Abortion ~ The Catholic Church's post-abortion ministry
- Silent No More Awareness ~ An effort to make the public aware of the devastation abortion brings to women, men, and families
- Feminists For Life
- Abortion Facts
- Overpopulation Myths
- Abortion and the Black Community: BlackGenocide.org
- Second Look Project ~ Encourages those who are "pro-choice" to take a second look at their position on abortion
- The Elliot Institute ~ The leader in research regarding the after effects of abortion on women and men
- Priests For Life
Pregnancy Help & Hotlines
Help for Addictions
- Government, Law, & Political Responsibility. Click HERE to contact White House, U.S. Senate, House of Reps, Supreme Court, etc. See also Suggestions for Effective Letter Writing
- FOCA FACT Sheet & In-Depth Info to help EDUCATE those around you about this radical law that will increase the number of abortions and make it even more UNSAFE for WOMEN.
- Federal Legislative Action Center: Contact your STATE Reps. HERE. ~ Plus much MORE to help INFORM us in this VITAL fight against FOCA ~ We must ACT NOW!!!
- Spiritually Adopt a Pre-born Baby Today! Click HERE to learn more.
- Begin Planned Parenthood Fraud Investigation in Your State! Click HERE for Details.
Go On Retreat!
- Casa Maria Convent & Retreat House ~ Located 1 mile from EWTN, The Sisters of the Eternal Word's apostolate is prayer, catechesis, and retreats. They invite zealous and excellent retreat masters to share with you their experience and knowledge of our holy Catholic Faith. Casa Maria is blessed with devout priests who celebrate the Liturgy with great reverence. They encourage devotion to the Blessed Sacrament and love of our Blessed Mother, and they draw upon the rich musical heritage of the Church.
- Sisters for Life ~ Villa Maria Guadalupe ~ The retreat house hosts Evenings of Recollection, educational seminars on life issues and retreats for everyone (themes include Theology of the Body, Young Adult Retreats, Post-Abortion Healing, and retreats on the Dignity and Vocation of Women).
Books for Children
More Recommended Reading
- Abortion: Yes or No? by John L. Grady, M.D.
- Changed ~ Making Sense of Your Own or a Loved One's Abortion Experience, by Michaelene Fredenburg
- Ending Abortion Not Just Fighting It, by Fr. Frank A. Pavone, M.E.V.
- Evangelium Vitae (The Gospel of Life), by Pope John Paul II
- God Is Love, An Encyclical Letter of Pope Benedict XVI
- Humane Vitae: A Challenge to Love, by Pope Paul VI
- Is the Fetus Human? by Eric Pastuszek
- Led by Faith, by Immaculee Ilibigiza
- Left to Tell, by Immaculee Ilibigiza
- Living the Gospel of Life ~ the pastoral statement issued by U.S. Catholic Bishops
- Noise, by Teresa Tomeo
- Our Lady of Guadalupe, Hope for the World by Dan Lynch
- Render Unto Caesar, by Charles J. Chaput
- The Way to Love, by Anthony De Mello
- Won By Love, by Norma McCorvey